A practical, hands-on two-day workshop and coaching session designed for backbone leaders, steering committee members, and other partners actively involved in community change efforts focused on children & youth.
The workshop is designed for leaders who are thinking about how the critical tasks of community change management can be staged and sequenced in order to move steadily towards improving outcomes. It is particularly useful for those in the early stages of forming or planning an initiative, or in the process of re-igniting or refreshing their initiative for the next phase of joint work. Special emphasis is given to tools and techniques that help leaders align and connect multiple issues and efforts, identifying areas for joint planning and action.
Why attend the Learning Lab?
The workshop is designed around the Forum for Youth Investment’s Big Picture Approach© – a recurring five step process partnerships can use to design, implement and improve their work. This learning lab is a Ready by 21© version of the Collective Impact Learning Lab, co-developed and delivered by the Forum for Youth Investment, FSG and the Collective Impact Forum, which has been run multiple times over the past five years. This Ready by 21© version is specifically designed for leaders of children and youth focused community change efforts. Whether you are leading a cradle-to-career effort or focusing on a particular issue (e.g., Social Emotional Learning) or population (e.g., Opportunity Youth), this learning lab is for you.
• An intimate small-group coaching atmosphere (limited to 40 participants).
• Valuable ideas and tools to infuse into your initiative from the practice-based curriculum.
• Help getting started in your work, for those in newer community change initiatives or taking on new staff or “backbone” roles.
• Ideas for how to get “unstuck” from ongoing challenges, for leaders of more experienced initiatives.
• Opportunities to meet and learn from peers doing similar work in communities around the country.
GROUP DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE. Teams are encouraged to attend and can greatly benefit from action planning together through the workshop curriculum.
Register today! Space is limited, with fewer than 40 spots open for this workshop.